Each year, the Parent Information Center (PIC) sponsors the Family Engagement Month Recognition ceremony to honor parents, school, health care, behavioral health personnel and community members who have had a significant, positive impact on improving family engagement to support children’s education, health and well-being. This year, in collaboration with NH Family Voices, PIC is proud to once again sponsor the annual Family Engagement Recognition Celebration.
Do you know a parent, school, health care, behavioral health personnel or community member who has had a significant, positive impact on improving family engagement to support children’s education, health and well-being? Nominate them for recognition! You can nominate individuals, groups or teams of people who have displayed creativity, innovation, and/or commitment to improving family engagement to support children’s education, health and well-being at the school, community, local, district, or state level in one or more of the following areas:
- Communicating Effectively – Fostering positive, two-way communication between families and the various providers, systems or agencies that support them (school, health providers, community agencies, etc.)
- Supporting Children’s Success – Supporting children’s learning and healthy development at home, school and across all community environments.
- Collaborating as a Community – Supporting collaboration to connect children, families and staff in expanding learning opportunities, community services and civic participation.
- Sharing Decision-Making – Supporting families and service providers to be shared partners in decisions that affect children and families including: promoting family involvement on committees or in programs that advocate system or policy changes; serving as representatives for the community; and/or developing parent leadership.
- Welcoming All Families into the Community – Ensuring all families and staff feel welcomed and respected including those with diverse needs by providing families and staff with opportunities to connect with one another
- Speaking Up for Every Child – Empowering families and staff to be advocates for their own and other children and to ensure that students are treated fairly and have access to a variety of opportunities that will support their success and well-being. This includes working together to share information about how systems operate; sharing resources; resolving problems and conflicts respectfully; and supporting families’ ability to be effective advocates.
The Nomination period opens on May 21, 2018 and closes on September 12, 2018. Complete the nomination form here